3 September 2016
NORTH EAST COUNSELLING 2016
All Qualified Candidates within All India Rank 55,001 – 79,000 who have applied to Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences are called for counselling on 8th September 2016 under North East Category .
Venue- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, New College Building, Auditorium, Level VI, 5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok – 737102, Sikkim
Time – 9:30 am
Calling for counselling does not guarantee a seat.
10 seats are under conditional; category in that the parents and the candidate have to submit an affidavit to the effect that the admission is subject to the final outcome of the SLP at the Supreme Court of India.
A) Come prepared for Counselling:
The following original documents are to be submitted during Counselling:
1. NEET - Admit Card - Original
2. NEET - Score Card
3. Class X (Certificate OR Marks Sheet) - Original
4. Class XII Marks Sheet - Original
5. Class XII Migration Certificate - Original
6. Class XII Transfer Certificate OR School Leaving Certificate - Original
7. Class XII Character Certificate from HOI - Original
8. Caste Certificate for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/OBC (if Any)
9. Class X Certificate OR Birth Certificate (Age Proof) - Original
10. North East Proof ( For North East candidate) Domicile OR Permanent Residence Certificate
11. Defence Proof (For Defence candidate) Certificate from Commanding Officer
12. NRI Proof (For NRI/NRI Sponsored candidate)
13. PAN Card ( Parent)
14. Affidavit (if any)
15. Demand Draft
16. Five current passport size photograph.
*Two Sets of photocopies of all the above documents
- All the candidates are required to produce the above original documents for verification. In the event of admission, University will retain these documents till the completion of the course.
- There will be active verification of the NEET All Indian Overall rank submitted by the candidate with the information available in the NEET website. Candidate whose NEET All Indian Overall rank does not match with the information with the NEET website will be disqualified for the counselling process.
B) On day of Counselling:
- The physical presence of the candidate at the counselling is mandatory. If a candidate is prevented by unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counselling, he/she may authorize another individual to represent him/her at the counselling. This representative must carry the letter of authorization (format at the end)
- Only the candidate/representative will be allowed into the counselling hall.
- Candidate should sign the attendance register to mark their presence.
- Candidates will be called as per their NEET All India Overall Rank 2016 for document verification. Successful candidates will be allotted seats according to their rank and number of seats available. Such candidates should submit their original documents and pay the first year fees at the counseling. Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences will not entertain any requests for extension in this regard.
- Absence of the candidate or his/her representative at the indicated reporting time and date will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of any claim for a seat.
C) After Admission:
- Receipt for the payment made will be given to the candidate on completion of the admission process.
- Candidates who require hostel facility should report to Chief Warden for hostel enrolment. Hostel will be allotted on payment of hostel fees only.
- Candidates should report to the college on or before the reporting date mentioned during admission.
- Classes will commence from September 08, 2016 (MBBS)
COURSE FEES & DETAILS OF GENERAL, NORTH EAST & DEFENCE CATEGORY
MBBS First Year Fee - 2016
Hostel & Mess
Annual Lump sum
Annual Lump sum
- The first year course fees and registration fees should be paid by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Sikkim Manipal University’ payable at Gangtok. (The payment to be made only through Demand Draft. Request for payment course fee by Cash,, RTGS,NEFT, Multicity cheques will not be entertained under any circumstances).
COURSE FEES & DETAILS OF NRI/NRI SPONSORED CATEGORY
Candidates seeking admission under NRI/NRI sponsored category have to fulfil the following criteria :
1. Copy of Passport/Residence Certificate of Sponsor.
2. Sponsorship letter as per Annexure III of Prosecutes (Page no.89)
3. Demand Draft of USD 500 (INR 33500/-) as registration fee.
4. Hostel fee of INR 91,000/- Both registration & hostel fee can be combined in one single draft of Rs. 1,24,500/- in favour of Sikkim Manipal University, payable at Gangtok.
5. The 1st year tuition fee of USD 34,000 (Part Payment USD 17,950) has to be made within 07 days of admission failing which the admission will be cancelled.
Applicants are warned against possible cheating by unscrupulous agencies that may put out misleading advertisements in newspapers or approach by other means, promising and assuring seats for various courses for monetary considerations or by extracting large sum of money from candidates / parents. Sikkim Manipal University wishes to authoritatively refute all such misleading false claims and advertisements. Admissions can be secured only by merit in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test .
We have no agents or middlemen for admissions. There is no payment seats of any kind.
The number of candidates included in the merit list and also those called for the counselling will be more than the total number of seats available in the colleges. This is to take care of any dropouts at the counselling stage. Mere inclusion in the merit list and call for counselling does not guarantee admission to a course. This will exclusively depend on the candidates All India Overall Rank, the number of candidates attending the counselling & number of seats available.
All admissions are subject to fulfilment of all the eligibility conditions by the candidate. If it is found at a later stage, during active verification, that the candidate has given false information/certificate or is found to have concealed some information his/her admission will be cancelled without any notice. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility requirements for the course/s applied. Jurisdiction for dispute if any shall be at Gangtok court only.